Top News:
slam.canoe.ca:
Halladay headed to the Bronx? — Will Roy Halladay leave Toronto via the same route as ex-Blue Jays aces David Cone and Roger Clemens? — Headed for the Bronx and the New York Yankees? — It has always been a possibility. Now that chance has been upgraded.
RELATED:
Anthony McCarron / NY Daily News:
Report: Toronto Blue Jays' Roy Halladay would waive no-trade clause for deal to New York Yankees — THREE DAYS after the Daily News wrote that the Red Sox were “putting on a full-court press” to trade for Roy Halladay, a report out of Canada says the Toronto ace has told the Blue Jays …
ESPN:
Running with Bob Sheppard — Bob Sheppard, the longtime public address announcer for the Yankees, is stepping away from the microphone for good. — I hope he enjoys whatever he decides to do, and while I'd guess that it would involve reading — the man has devoured books in his lifetime …
Phil Rogers / Chicago Tribune:
Commissioner plans to step down after 2012 — Bud Selig, 75, wants time for other projects — On Baseball — When Bruce Springsteen played the Bradley Center in Milwaukee earlier this month, he led into his encore with “No Surrender,” sending its haunting refrain of “no retreat, no surrender” echoing around the arena.
RELATED:
Mike Axisa / MLB Rumors:
Bud Selig Plans To Step Down After 2012 — Sources have indicated to Phil Rogers of The Chicago Tribune that commissioner Bud Selig plans to step down after the 2012 season, when his contract is up. The current CBA expires after the 2011 season, so negotiating the next pact will likely be Selig's last act as baseball's commissioner.
Geoff Baker / The Seattle Times:
Marco Scutaro confirms Mariners have approached him — Just got off the blower with our Venezuelan contact, reporter Augusto Cardenas from Diario Panorama in Venezuela. He spoke to Marco Scutaro down there and the 34-year-old veteran infielder, who posted a .789 OPS with Toronto last season …
RELATED:
MLBastian / Major League Bastian:
Scutaro prefers Red Sox, Dodgers — In a series of Twitter updates, Augusto Cárdenas of Diario Panorama, a newspaper based in Venezuela, provides some highlights of a story he did on Marco Scutaro's situation. — Scutaro informed Cardenas that his preferred landing spots this offseason …
Gordon Edes / ESPN:There's one problem with the Red Sox trading Mike Lowell
Discussion:
U.S.S. Mariner
Tom Singer / MLB.com:
2010 Hall of Fame ballot an eclectic mix — Dawson, Blyleven joined by newcomers Alomar, McGriff — Andre Dawson will be on the alert, like a ... well, like a Hawk. It will be another flight of the Dutchman, and the first takeoff for such illustrious recent icons as Roberto Alomar, Robin Ventura and Barry Larkin.
RELATED:
New York Post:
Son of former Yankee has shot to follow father's footsteps to the big leagues — When Ron Davis' major league career came to an end at age 32, he thought it was the worst thing that could have happened to him. — Turns out, it was the best move, because he walked away from baseball and into his life.
Discussion:
Mike Silva's …
Larry Dobrow / Columns:
Save this Franchise: Brewers will require a little magic to repair — Fans of the Milwaukee Brewers have an awful lot to be thankful for this week. The thrilling September run in 2008. The “Kuenn's Kuties” of 1982. The ... uh, I'm sure there's more. — There has to be, right? Maybe there isn't.
Shelby Grad / L.A. NOW:
Veteran Times sportswriter Mike Penner dead — Mike Penner, the veteran Los Angeles Times sportswriter who made international headlines in 2007 when he announced he was transsexual and began working under the byline “Christine Daniels,” has died. — Colleagues said today that Penner …
Todd Zolecki / MLB.com:
Moyer doing well after minor surgery — Veteran underwent procedure to wash out possible infection — PHILADELPHIA — The Phillies said left-hander Jamie Moyer is doing well following surgery Friday. — Moyer had to be hospitalized Tuesday following recurring symptoms from his sports hernia surgery Oct. 2.
Discussion:
Circling The Bases
