Top News:
Fox Sports:
LIVE: Follow Day 3 of winter meetings — It's Day 3 of the winter meetings. Who's going where? Follow along as our team of Ken Rosenthal, Jon Paul Morosi and Tracy Ringolsby break the latest news from Indy. Note: all times ET. — Wednesday's latest news and notes
RELATED:
Matthew Pouliot / Circling The Bases:
Source: Harden to join Rangers on one-year, $7.5 million deal — Update 2: Craig has confirmed that the deal is with the Rangers. One year, $7.5 million with the option for 2011. — Update: Craig's source is hearing one-year, $7.5 million with an $11.5 million option for 2011. Possibly with the Mariners.
Discussion:
Yahoo! Sports, FanGraphs Baseball, U.S.S. Mariner, NESN.com, MLB Daily Dish, My Pinstripes, Texas Rangers and MLB Rumors
Toronto Sun:
Angels make a play for Halladay — INDIANAPOLIS - Alex Anthopoulos has spoke all week about having multiple balls in the air. — Now there is an offer on the table for Blue Jays right-hander Roy Halladay at the winter meetings. — The Angels took the lead amongst interested teams in the hunt for Halladay by offering:
Discussion:
MLB.com, MLB, Circling The Bases, Bluebird Banter, MetsBlog.com, MLB Rumors, 6-4-2 and Halos Heaven
Jeff Zrebiec / Baltimore Sun:
O's close to deal for Millwood — Sources: Team nearing agreement to acquire starter from Rangers for Ray, cash — The Orioles are nearing an agreement on a trade that would send reliever Chris Ray to the Texas Rangers for veteran starter Kevin Millwood and some cash, according to multiple team sources.
ESPN:
Sources: Texas Rangers close to a deal with Rich Harden — The Texas Rangers are closing in on a deal with right-handed pitcher Rich Harden, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Wednesday. — To create financial flexibility that could make signing Harden easier …
Evan Grant / Texas Rangers:If Millwood is gone, would Rangers play Harden fast?
Discussion:
Boston Globe
New York Post:
Yankees re-sign Pettitte to one-year deal — The Yankees have re-signed Andy Pettitte for one-year at $11.75 million, the Post has learned. — The two sides quickly hammered out an agreement once Pettitte signaled he did want to play again in 2010 — and only for the Yankees.
RELATED:
Associated Press:MLB winter meetings: New York Yankees agree to deal with Andy Pettitte
Discussion:
Globe and Mail, Yankeeist, The Good Phight, Heartland Pinstripes, Generation Third, Boston Herald, USA Today and MLB
John Tomase / Clubhouse Insider:
Sources: Red Sox interest in Beltre significant — According to multiple baseball and industry sources, the Red Sox' interest in free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre is believed to be signficant, with his age (31 in April), premium defense and bat fitting neatly into their stated needs …
RELATED:
Peter Abraham / Boston Globe:
Bradley one (explosive) possibility — The Red Sox could be planning some surprises. — The organization has done research into Milton Bradley and could entertain obtaining him from the Cubs. He has played primarily center field and right field in his career but could presumably handle left field.
Jonathan Mayo / MLB.com:
Rule 5 could uncover hidden gems — Teams hope to land underrated talent in Thursday's Draft — INDIANAPOLIS — There were 21 players taken in the Major League phase of last year's Rule 5 Draft. Of those, six saw time in the big leagues during the 2009 season.
RELATED:
Joe Capozzi / Florida Marlins news, analysis …:
It's official: Florida Marlins send Matt Lindstrom to Astros for 3 minor leaguers — UPDATE: Marlins baseball ops prez Larry Beinfest said it's done — Matt Lindstrom to Houston for two single-A players and a player to be named. Florida gets RHP Robert Bono and SS Luis Bryan.
RELATED:
Dylan Hernandez / LA Times Sports Blog:
Dodgers: Colletti has no regrets about Wolf — Dodgers General Manager Ned Colletti said today that he had no regrets about not offering arbitration to Randy Wolf, who has agreed to a three-year deal with the Milwaukee Brewers. — Wolf was a Type A free agent, meaning that had the Dodgers offered …
RELATED:
New York Post:
Mets likely to make Molina offer today — Mets officials are set to meet this afternoon with Bengie Molina's representatives and are likely to make their first substantive offer to any free agent, The Post has learned. — The Mets are determined not to offer more than two years …
RELATED:
Dejan Kovacevic / PBC Blog:
Crosby terms: $1 million, $500K bonus — INDIANAPOLIS — The Pirates' signing of free-agent shortstop Bobby Crosby, which will be made official as early as tomorrow pending the physical, will be for one year at a guaranteed $1 million plus as much as $500,000 in bonuses based on plate appearances.
Brian McTaggart / MLB.com:
Astros, Lyon agree on three-year deal — Move to be finalized upon completion of physical — INDIANAPOLIS — Right-hander Brandon Lyon, who has saved 54 games in eight seasons in the Major Leagues with Toronto, Boston, Arizona and Detroit, has reached a three-year agreement with the Astros, according to a baseball source.
Discussion:
Roar of the Tigers
Larry Granillo / Wezen Ball:
The History of the Highest Paid Player in Baseball — The Winter Meetings are going on right now, and, despite that Twitter seems to have exploded with hot stove rumors, the chances of anything really huge happening are pretty slim. A three-way trade here or a too-high contract offer …
Discussion:
River Avenue Blues, Joe Posnanski, Circling The Bases, It's About The Money and 3:10 To Joba
Anthony DiComo / MLB.com:
Megadeal boasts formidable talent — Granderson tops list of budding stars involved in blockbuster — INDIANAPOLIS — High in the downtown Marriott's tower on Tuesday evening, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman had a keen sense of what he referred to as “noise.”
Discussion:
Dodger Thoughts
RELATED:

