Top News:
George A. King III / New York Post:
Yankees can wait for Halladay — Talent, first. An ocean of coin to follow. — That's the price tag hanging around Roy Halladay's neck as the small collection of teams that can afford him hatch their plans to acquire arguably the best pitcher in baseball from the Blue Jays.
RELATED:
Anthony DiComo / MLB.com:
Yankees finalize 40-man roster — Seven prospects protected from upcoming Rule 5 Draft — NEW YORK — Moving to protect their Minor Leaguers from the upcoming Rule 5 Draft, the Yankees shifted seven players onto their 40-man roster late Friday afternoon.
Brian McTaggart / MLB.com:
Astros add four to 40-man roster — Moves come with eye on December's Rule 5 Draft — HOUSTON — After a painstaking week of poring over names, statistics and looking into their crystal ball, the Astros on Friday added four players to their 40-man roster by purchasing the contracts …
Discussion:
The Crawfish Boxes
Alden Gonzalez / MLB.com:
Marlins add five to fill up 40-man roster — Four righties, outfielder Cousins safe from Rule 5 Draft — In anticipation of the Rule 5 Draft on Dec. 10, the Marlins filled up their 40-man roster on Friday, adding right-handers Jose Ceda, Jay Buente, Brett Sinkbeil and Kris Harvey, as well as outfielder Scott Cousins.
Chad Jennings / The LoHud Yankees Blog:
Shelley not coming back to Yankees — Shelley Duncan was outrighted to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but that doesn't mean he'll end up there. — The first time a player clears waivers and is sent outright to the minor leagues, he has no choice but to accept the assignment.
RELATED:
Jerry Crasnick / ESPN:
Johnson wanted four-year deal — There will be no long-term contract for pitcher Josh Johnson with the Florida Marlins this winter, his agent said Friday. — Agent Matt Sosnick told ESPN.com that negotiations between the Marlins and Johnson have reached an “impasse,” and Johnson expects to play under a one-year deal in 2010.
RELATED:
Joe Capozzi / Palm Beach Post:Agent: Josh Johnson doesn't expect to get a long-term deal from Florida Marlins
Discussion:
Bottom9 Baseball
Bart Hubbuch / New York Post:
Mets can't ditch Castillo — The Mets opened free agency quietly yesterday, stirring only long enough to scotch reports of a potential three-way trade involving Luis Castillo. — The proposed deal, originally reported by the Chicago Tribune, also involved the Cubs and Rangers …
RELATED:
Jorge Arangure Jr / ESPN:
Cuban defector Chapman fires agent — Cuban pitching phenom Aroldis Chapman has fired the representative who helped him gain free agency, his former agency confirmed Saturday. — Edwin Mejia, of Athletes Premier International, had represented Chapman soon after he defected from the Cuban national team in July.
MLB.com:
Mets expand club presence at Citi Field — Parts of stadium will be re-named for influential Mets — FLUSHING, N.Y. — The New York Mets today announced plans to expand the presence of club history at Citi Field next season in a variety of ways including renaming areas of the ballpark after Casey Stengel …
Joe Cowley / Chicago Sun Times:
BATTLE OF BULGE — Jenks, Guillen at odds over closer's weight, whether it affected down year in 2009 — South Side, we have a problem. — A 6-4, 285-pound problem that better be resolved before feelings get hurt and relationships are destroyed. — After a calf injury ended closer …
Jordan Bastian / MLB.com:
Jays talk Halladay with Cubs — GM Anthopoulos mum on issue; deal unlikely as of now — TORONTO — Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos was adamant earlier this month that he was not shopping any of his players this offseason — not even ace Roy Halladay. Anthopoulos might be changing his tune.
RELATED:
Carrie Muskat / Hot Stove Blog:11/20 Cubs & Blue Jays talk re: Halladay
Discussion:
MetsBlog.com, GoatRiders of the Apocalypse, Drunk Jays Fans, Circling The Bases and MLB Rumors
Jerry Crasnick / MLB:
San Diego Padres GM Jed Hoyer has ‘cordial’ meeting with Adrian Gonzalez's agent — Adrian Gonzalez's agent met with San Diego general manager Jed Hoyer on Friday, amid ongoing speculation that the Padres might consider trade proposals for the two-time All-Star or offer him a multiyear contract extension this offseason.
Patrick / NPB Tracker:
Contreras, Son Reportedly Looking for Move to Japan — Here's one I didn't think of: Jose Conteras is reportedly looking for a job in Japan. — Sanspo reported a few days ago that Contreras reached out to the Hanshin Tigers, who despite being in need of pitching, aren't interested in his services.
Michael Silverman / Clubhouse Insider:
Red Sox inquire about Holliday, A. Beltre, M. Gonzalez, R. Ankiel — Add four Scott Boras clients to the list of free agents the Red Sox have expressed interest in. — Outfielders Matt Holliday and Rick Ankiel, left-handed reliever Mike Gonzalez and third baseman Adrian Beltre have all been discussed …
RELATED:

